I’ve got two days worth of 45′s to catch up on!
- So… First up I’ve done a load of performance fixes, my FPS was averaging at about 45 (no pun intended) running over my code I could see I wasn’t recycling all my actors so that was the first “fix” now all my actors recycle.
- Secondly I noticed one of my recycled actors wasn’t being killed and just wasting memory out of screen!
- Thirdly, the ground was a long actor with an attached X-speed to it, this made the ground move and timed correctly I would create another actor.Now it’s just a two frame animation that’s statically positioned, this pretty much jumped my FPS up by about 6 FPS. Now I get about 59 FPS which drops to 54 every-now and then when there’s multiple objects on screen.
- Lots of coloured stars now shower down when coins are collected.
- Coins have had a slight re-design, but you probably wont notice.
- I’m trying out a different style for the trees
- The Blimp is now animated and much larger
- Many clouds now whizz past
- Air Miles Tickets are now available! You are awarded an air mile ticket for staying in the air for over a minute, if you touch the ground the air mile counter resets.
- Overall speed has been increased
- Scoring is coming together… So now when you are in the air the score increases, you get no points for running on the ground. Collect coins and you get a bigger score!